Look at that. It’s at least ten times looking better already! It has a dark theme option as well. The logo has been changed. Here’s the change animation from official YouTube blog.
Smooth. I was looking at the logo not so long but 10 minutes ago and saying myself… did they made the logo bolder? Then I realised everything is changed. Everything looks definitely more beautiful and the design is now a complete material experience.
Here’s how the video pages look. Totally cleaner, better, fancier. Also, you can enable dark mode from settings (by clicking on your profile photo) with ease.
BUT WAIT! That’s not all. They also updated the mobile app! The following part is taken from YouTube’s blog.
Let’s start with the YouTube mobile app, which is getting a bunch of new features:
- Clean new design: We’ve made the header white to let content take the lead and moved the navigation tabs to the bottom of the app so they’re closer to your thumbs. We also added new Library and Account tabs that give you easy access to what you’re looking for.
- Videos that move with you: One of the things we’re working on is bringing gestures to YouTube. Earlier this year, we introduced a gesture that allows you to double tap on the left or right side of a video to fast forward or rewind 10 seconds. Give it a try! We already see billions of double taps per day. And I wanted to give you a sneak peek at another gesture I am really excited about. In the coming months, we’ll experiment with a feature that lets you jump between videos with a simple swipe of your hand: just swipe left to watch a previous video or swipe right to watch the next one.
- Watch at your own pace: Users love that they are able to speed up and slow down the playback of a video on desktop, and we’re excited to bring this feature to the mobile app today, so you can enjoy videos at whatever speed you prefer.
- Adapt to any video, beautifully: We’ve also been experimenting with new ways to display all videos in the best possible way. Soon, the YouTube player will seamlessly change shape to match the video format you’re watching, such as vertical, square or horizontal. That means you’ll always get the best viewing experience automatically – including vertical videos with no black bars on the sides!
- Browse and discover while you watch: We recently added a feature that lets you view a row of suggested videos while you’re watching in full screen. We’re also working on transforming the area below the player so you can browse videos in totally new ways.
You can check it out yourself and see all the other details yourself. If the new changes didn’t happen to you yet, it’s okay. Very soon you’ll get the new features. Enjoy the new YouTube.